Thursday, August 8, 2013

Intuition

One post in, and that wasn't so scary.  Nothing pretty yet, but we'll get there. 

Tonight I saw the third installment of Seattle Opera's Ring Cycle.  The shows have been amazing.  Friends have asked what its all about, and I have to say its about everything.  Themes of following your intuition vs. learned knowledge,  free will vs. rules and law,  parent-child relationships, and love vs. power to name just a few.   Like any great art,  it will resonate differently for you depending on your situation.  The gentleman sitting next to us was crying quietly through the entire third act tonight.  

One of the themes in the Ring that is resonating with me is the conflict between intuition and knowledge.  Or heart vs. head.  Intuition, as represented by Siegfried, just tries things because they might work.  And when he makes a decision based on intuition instead of knowledge - he's not worried about the outcome (success or failure) because he knows he's doing the right thing.  
This is hitting home for me because my modus operandi is the opposite.  
I love ideas and information, and I live in my head - which leaves me second guessing myself and my decisions, and keeps me from even taking a first step.  


30 day challenge

If you woke up tomorrow and were free to do anything you wanted with your life, what would you do and who would you be?

Let's see what my intuition tells me about this question... let's flow...
I can describe an ideal day...
I wake up rested.  Maybe I am at home, or maybe I'm wherever "home" is for these couple of months... Sweden, Japan, Chile? After breakfast, I work for a couple of hours.  Then have lunch with a friend, before heading to a meeting with a client.  I have another meeting with an organization I volunteer for, and in the evening enjoy some kind of concert.
Lots of details to fill in there - who are my clients?  what do I do for them?  but hopefully that is what I can figure out over the next 28 days and beyond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment